The Darebin Wildlife Warriors program is an environmental and nature play program being run by the Friends of Darebin Creek (FoDC) in Thornbury. The program consists of 8 fortnightly Saturday mornings from the 10th of July to the 16th of October.
Places are strictly limited. To apply for a place in the program, click here.
Activities will include:
- planting, mulching, pruning and weeding with the bush crew
- flora and fauna identification
- bug hunting
- sensory activities, e.g. mud kitchen
- cubby building
- bush skills
- tree/rock climbing
- nature craft
- mindfulness activities
- building habitats, e.g. insect hotels and next boxes
- rubbish collection
- citizen science, including Waterwatch and bird surveys
- free play in nature.